Scandinavian Skinnfell Course - Sheepskin coverlets (Lancaster, PA)
Time & Location
About the Event
- Give students the background, theoretical knowledge and practical skills for hand-sewing of Scandinavian skinnfell (sheepskin coverlets).
In this class students will learn all skills needed to complete their own skinnfell made from 4 sheepskins.
We will start teaching basic techniques used in the larger project, beginner´s are welcome!
If you have already taken the beginner´s class in hand-sewing, you will have an advantage, but new skills are teached in this class.
Class schedule includes:
Selection of sheepskins
Basic skinnfell techniques
Steps for making a skinnfell
Framework & Decorative details
Woodblock printing - theory & practice
Own project & Practice time
Students should bring: Note book
Course fee includes
* 3 days tuition, class hours 9 am – 5 pm incl. 1 hour lunch break.
* Morning/afternoon coffe/drinks + snacks
* 4 sheepskins (white/brown/dyed)
* Start kit for hand-sewing:
- Needles for sheepskin
- Linen thread
Wood blocks for class room use available (no extra cost)
Participants can buy extra material / equipment and wood blocks, available during course hours.
Prices for extra material (08/01/18) – cards accepted
Gotland Sheepskins: + $200 / 4 skins
Wood blocks $ 120 - $180 / each
Skinnfell ruler (transparent plastic pattern): $80
Start kits for hand-sewing: $ 80
- Scandinavian Skinnfell Course$990$9900$0